Sickness certificates

When you are ill and your employer requests a sick note, please note that you can self-certify for the first seven days of an illness or injury. You can claim for Statutory Sick Pay if you have been ill for 4 or more days. Use form SC2 if you are an employee, have been sick for 4 or more days in a row and need to claim SSP from your employer. You can collect a form at reception or please click pdf to download the form, SC2.

If you are unfortunate enough to need more than seven days, then in the first instance, an appointment must be made with the Doctor to issue a sick note. If you are currently already under a sick note and need further time off, then you may be able to get another sick note without being seen again. Please go to reception and ask for a Continuation of Sick Note Request Form or or download pdf. Then you must hand this into reception at the surgery. This will be put to the Doctor who last signed you off and they will assess if you will be issued with a further note or need to be reviewed again. This decision will be within two days. If the Doctor has signed a further sick note, then this will be available from reception to collect. If you need to be reviewed, you will need to make an appointment to be seen.

Improved Access

We are working together with other local practices to offer patients access to more appointments in the early mornings, evenings and at weekends. To find out more about these services, please contact the practice.